Thursday, August 5, 2021

Studio News

I hope everyone has been keeping well during these times. I admit I have been a bit neglectful with keeping up with the updates and the happenings in my studio. Hopefully something I can to remedy as I get back into the rhythm of things. I embraced the lockdown (which is nothing new seeing as an Artist most of our time in the studio is spent in isolation) I approach my studio work and dare I say life differently, Intentional, and more involved in everything and a bit experimental and open to new ideas and ways of working. 

One such project was, “The Tusk Lion Trail” A sculpture Trail curated by Chris Westbrook, that aims to highlight the ongoing threats to the survival of Lion population in Africa. The trail taking place simultaneously in London, Bristol, Edinburg, Sidney, New York City, Nairobi and Auckland. This project will be launched on world lion day which is on the 10th of August until 28th September. More information at https://www.tuskliontrail.com

A life-size sculpture of Panthera Leo


Work in progress


Samarra 

Scheduled for this month and more specifically 28th of August is my Solo Exhibition at OneOff gallery. And as is the norm introspective and interrogating encounters within our individual states. Can’t wait for you all to see the work.

Also scheduled but date to be announced is a group show at the Nairobi National Museum so stay tuned..

No comments:

Post a Comment